When this CD came out in 1997, I was still a pretty young kid, however I knew who Third Eye Blind was. I was really familiar with the catchy tune from the CD called “Semi-Charmed Life,” but that was pretty much it. I had heard the track “Jumper” a few times, but besides that I hadn’t gave any more attention to the CD. Although I had this CD since I was seven or eight, I never gave the whole CD a listen until a few years ago. I ran across it in a pile of CDs, and the first thing I remembered was “Semi-Charmed Life.”
Since I was now older, I decided I better give this CD a listen instead of just listening to the same song multiple times. I gave it a listen, and it rocked. The CD had that awesome sound of the mid 90s bands had. The CD had that California rock sound, and made it seem like that the band was trying to give the listener the feeling of being on the beach. It you want to listen to a CD to brighten your mood, I think this is a good one. It lifts your spirits, and at least for me it kind of brings back the memories of being a kid because I familiarize it with its hit single from the 90s.
Every song on the CD is good, and they are really calm. The CD is a light rock CD, but is very mellow. What I mean by mellow, is that it is very relaxed. Although it is mostly calm, the CD actually conveys emotion. The CD portrays emotions of anger, sadness, and joy. It contains emotions from all spectra. The CD is very enjoyable to listen to and is an easy listen. It isn’t like CDs nowadays that are very busy and sometimes tend to distract the listener. You can just throw this CD on and not have a care in the world. If you are looking for a CD that is a very easy listen and you want to put to your mind at ease, I think this is the CD for you. The CD has catchy melodies and lyrics, and has that good 90s sound to it. It is kind of hard to not like this CD since it has all of these things in one.
Key Tracks: “Good For You,” “Semi-Charmed Life,” “Jumper,” “Motorcycle Drive By,” and “The Backround.”