I came across this band a couple months ago. I heard their single, "Hear Me Now," on the radio, however I didn't catch the band name. I couple weeks later, I heard a cover of Lil Wayne's song, "Lollipop,"and the band doing the cover turned out to be this band. I decided to check out their MySpace to listen to their music, and every song on the page was good. I went on to iTunes immediately and bought the CD.
The CD blew me away. I was really surprised that this band had such a well written CD. I figured that they would be just like almost every other band that releases a cover song of a popular artist; they would be popular for that, release a decent single of their own, and disappear. However, once I listened to the CD, it changed my original opinion.
The CD turned out to very well-produced and every song was good. I really enjoyed listening to this CD, and I listened to it straight for a week. The CD has yet to get old for me, and overall I don't think it will. I can't get over how good the voice the lead singer, Nixon, has. His voice is very powerful and accompanies the music perfectly. If you like hard rock music that is melodic, but has a bit of an edge to it, I think that this is definitely a CD worth giving a listen to. Each track is good, and I think that this band definitely has potential to do very well.
The only thing that I see being a problem for this band is that they released a cover as their single. While I was on their MySpace, I noticed that the cover of Lil Wayne's, "Lollipop," had the most plays out of all of their songs. However, all of their original songs had a significantly lower number of plays. I think that people should give bands a chance, instead of just listening to their hit single. I think that this is a big problem now of days in the music business. There are a lot of bands that come out with a hit single, and they are never heard of again. I hope that doesn't happen to this band. Framing Hanley is a group of young musicians from Nashville, Tennessee, that are very skilled and can write some good music. This definitely a band that shouldn't be looked over.
Reccomended tracks: "Built for Sin," "23 Days," "Alone In This Bed", and "The Fold."